Moe Bridges Reverse Paint Water Lily Lamp
20" shade x 24" tall
Moe-Bridges Lamp Company
The Moe-Bridges lamp company was started in the early 1900"s by Henrik Moe and C. A. Bridges and located in Milwaukee with sales offices in 9 major cities. At that time was the largest manufacturer of high grade lighting in the country with over 200, 000 sq. Ft. Floor space. On March 23, 1923 George Ludwig with the company took out a patent. Moe-Bridges specialized in beautiful and popular reverse painted lamps with emphases on high quality. Designs on Moe-Bridges lamps often feature landscapes with forest or country scenes that typically include a water element. Perfection was paramount and no signature of guarantee tag was applied until each work of art passed a rigorous final inspection. In 1934 the company was purchased by the Electric Sprayit Co. Today the Moe-Bridges are highly collectable and fetch up to $10,000 at auction.